There are many types of plastic used in eyeglasses frames, the most popular being acetate, the acetate glasses frame is very strong and comfortable to wear, suitable for supporting prescription lenses with high numbers, and the lenses will be thicker. Plastic glasses can make your lenses look thin.
Plastic frame glasses are not as flexible as metal frames, so they are more suitable for the nerdy type and may not be suitable for the active person.
How to clean plastic glasses frames?
When your plastic frame glasses lose their luster, we need to wash them and make them look like new again.
clean soft cloth
1. The first step is to wash your hands and keep them clean.
2. The second step, use warm water to rinse off the dust on the glasses.
3. The third step is to spray the glasses lenses, frames, and nose pads with a special cleaning solution for glasses, then wipe the frame and lenses lightly with a clean rag and let the frame sit for a few minutes.
4. The fourth step, rinse the glasses again, put the glasses under running water to remove the cleaning solution on the frame.
5. The fifth step, wipe the frame and lens of the glasses with a microfiber cloth.
This way, your plastic eyeglasses frame will be back to like new frame condition.
How to remove scratches from eyeglasses plastic?
Clean the dust off the glasses first, then using non-abrasive toothpaste or brass, squeeze toothpaste on one lens, and polish the lens with a clean soft cloth for 3-4 minutes until the scratches disappear.
Then squeeze the toothpaste on the other lens, and then polish the lens with a clean soft cloth for 3-4 minutes until the scratches disappear.
Rinse the lens with clean water, spray the glasses with special eyeglasses cleaner, and wipe them clean with a clean microfiber cloth, and the scratches on the glasses will disappear, giving them a brand new look.
If the scratches are still there, try using wax, which can fill in cracks and scratches, operation steps as above.
If you're looking for something light, comfortable, and cheap - plastic spectacle frames are the way to go!
Only for styling reference. Try-on effects may be affected by lighting, camera distance, and/or other factors.